Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Our words have meaning

A little while ago, Kyla came up to me while I was doing dishes and completely out of the blue said, "Mama, you a blessing".  It hit me anew just how important it is for me to be watching what comes out of my mouth to them and in front of them, even if it's not directly to them. They will copy what they hear.  If I'm telling them they are a blessing, they hear that.  But if I'm negative instead of positive, it impacts them and will make the words coming out of their mouth negative. 
That is something that I need to be more diligent about.   With this pregnancy I've been more tired, more irritable, less patient.....and I haven't been pushing through to make sure the words coming out of my mouth are edifying and encouraging to my children.   It makes a difference.  Lord, make my words kind and edifying.  

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones"  Proverbs 16:24

"A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, But perverseness in it breaks the spirit."  Proverbs 15:4

" Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."  Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment